Sunday, June 05, 2005

I heart my Zen Micro!


My Zen Micro

So far so great! This thing is super easy to use and navigate. The Zen Micro is even compatible with Outlook! Awesome, I know my BlackBerry has all that too but hey, it's another way to stay connected and organized. It seamlessly syncs with Outlook's contacts, tasks, and calendar. You can use WMP 10, explorer, or the software which is nothing more that a gate to explorer to load music.

Using it as a portable drive seems easy enough, just drop what you want in the Data directory. You choose how much you want it to use for storage and your off! My one complaint (not a big deal) is that you can't browse your files like you do your music. They could have done that real easily. Maybe there will be a firmware update to correct this.

The Zen Micro also has a FM radio built in with 32 presets that you can name, autoscan and recording. That's right you can record what your hearing on the radio and store it like a audio file. Bring it home and drop it on the PC.

Creative, please forgive me for trying the M:Robe-100 first.

2 comments:

Golf Grouch said...

How's the battery life?
http://www.grouchygolf.blogspot.com/

Wes said...

Great actually, I havent tried draining it but I've used it for several hours for MP3 and File storage. The good thing is the new firmware update allows for USB charging.