Friday, June 24, 2005

Lunch break with a bee

This is coming from one of my dear friends and I love her dearly. She sent me this email yesterday and I laughed so hard. I emailed her back and asked her if I could post it.

"Thought I might share with a few of you the events of my lunch. While I was at lunch I had to go by Verizon. Actually, I ran all over that end of town like there was someone after me. I had a ton of errands. Anyway, I went into Verizon and took care of my business. I came out, got about two feet away from my care and felt something "hit" my hair. It just so happened that I was standing where I could see my reflection in the back drivers side window. There was a big black bee trapped in my hair. I shook my head rather violently and looked back in the glass again, all the while saying a silent prayer that the bee was not stuck somewhere in the tangles of my hair. I didn't see anything so I did the customary "full body shiver", uugghhh, and proceeded to get into the car. I was just about to hop in when I happen to hear something and realized, with no amount of delight, that Mr. Bee was sitting patiently on my shoulder waiting for a ride back to the office. Now, you cannot imagine the dance that I did in the parking lot attempting to rid myself of my new found friend. When I was finally convinced that he might be gone, and made my best effort to examine my hair, back and shoulders, I jumped in my car and headed back to the office. I was so frazzled from this harrowing experience that I damn near ran off the road on the way back because my hair tickled the back of my neck and I was convinced that the Bee from Hell was still with me. Needless to say I survived the experience but I have no desire to get involved with any more flying insects, of any kind, today. Otherwise I may need a stiff drink."

No comments: