Thursday, June 23, 2005

The smell of formosa trees

I'm not sure if that is how you spell it, but there is something soothing about the smell of a formosa tree blooming. As I sit here on my front porch and wonder what will come, I am strangly comforted by the smell of that special tree in my front yard.

You see, this was a tree that I climbed as a child and year after year it continues to bloom and that smell reminds me of my youth and of all things good.


Sent wirelessly via BlackBerry from T-Mobile.

1 comment:

mickey_finn said...

Every evening, with my trusty cup of French Vanilla Cafe (my one true vice), I sit on my front porch and inhale the aroma of honeysuckle. The heady smell takes me back to my grandparents' farm and the happiest memories I have of my childhood. I fully understand about you and your formosa tree, cpt pyro.