Tuesday, June 28, 2005

24: The Game

Just another ordinary day in the life of Jack Bauer.

I have to admit, my single most addictive habit is Fox's 24. I got into the series just after a couple of episodes during season 2. It took all of 15 minutes until I was fully engrossed in the story and how it is written. I have not missed a single episode since, even if that means recording it and watching it later. I still have not seen season one but I am going to pick up the whole series on DVD.

So now they are going to bring it to the consoles. I swear if they mess this up, I'm going to be one monkey stomping fool! There are so many elements of 24 that would make for a great game, however, can a video game handle the twist and turns and roles of characters that the series juggles so well?

"24's signature hook is everything taking place in real-time, and SCEE Studios Cambridge is actually bringing that experience to the video game, too. Every few minutes, a 24-style clock will appear at the bottom of the screen, reminding players of how much time there is before they have to complete the current mission. Even though the events are all happening in real-time, however, it won't be so fast paced that players cannot take their time and explore. "

Check it out and let me know what the rest of the 24 fans out there think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know...it doesn't really seem like it would translate that well. Seems like yet another instance where a company is just trying to capitalize as much as possible. But hey...they're in the business to make money.