Thursday, June 16, 2005

Why I like Thurdays

I figured out why I like to have a few drinks on Thursdays. First being the most obvious, payday. My classes are done for the week , and Fridays around the office are slow so I like thurdays. I get to take my full hour for lunch. I'll go by Rhino and chat a little while. After work I pass by the liquor store on my drive home so I pick up a couple of 6 packs of Guiness Extra Stout and usually polish one of them off that night and slowly drink the rest over the weekend.

Father's day is coming up and I've got to find something for dad. He hates it when we get him anything but I feel bad if I don't do something for him. His a simple country man who hate technology, so gadgets are out of the question. He has all the clothes he needs. He is so hard to shop for. He's retired and spends most of his time tending his farm. The only two things he watches on TV is Law and Order, and the Braves when they are playing. I thought about taking him to a game on year, but he said hell no to that. He hates crowds. I try to go and see my folks a couple of times during the week and its sort of tradition that I have dinner with them on Sunday evenings. I'm looking forward to spending some time with him this weekend.

No comments: