Saturday, June 11, 2005

Appleseed



I have always liked a good animated movie. Movies like, Akira, Fist of the Northstar, Golgo 13, Ghost in the Shell, and Armitage the Third, are some of my favorites. I picked Appleseed up last night and decided to give it a try. I have never seen a movie so beautifully animated. Appleseed is a perfect blend of classic anime and CG. The enviroments are so wonderfully rendered, it was hard for me to pay attention to the story because I was amazed by the realism and depth.

The story was that of your typical futuristic Japanese anime film. However, it grabs you quick with a lot of faced paced action the develops into a great plot. Appleseed is a definite own. The music was quite a work as well, with the music of Paul Oakenfold, Basement Jaxx, Boom Boom Satelites and others. I will be picking up the soundtrack.

3 comments:

dom said...

The trailer is awesome , I will definitely go watch it

Anonymous said...

Did you ever see Sohruyden? I think I'm spelling that wrong.

Wes said...

Hey Angel,
I was begining to wonder about ya. I might not sure I've heard of that one. I'll have to check on it.