Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Why do I have to be in charge?

Someone tell me why a group of 20 adults cannot be self sufficient. Beacause of my going back to college, work, and other personal issues, I have went inactive with the state guard. Now I am the youngest Captian in the freaking state (probably the country as far as the state guards)! I've got soldiers who have forgotten more than I will ever know. So when I leave command with an experienced soldier I figured all would be fine.

Tell me this, how can so many adults be so dependant on someone as young and inexperienced as me? There is no doubt in my mind that I handle the job and repsonibilities very well but I can't grasp the concept that these people have to have me in charge. Give me a break and step up to the plate people, you have a job to do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you do not want or are not able to perform your duties as captain then you should resign your commission. A second Lt. is the learning phase that should have been a 2 year period 1 year to 3 for promotion from 1ST LT. to CPT. Besides your in a guard unit...no real soldiers their