Saturday, June 04, 2005

My review of the M:Robe 100

This won't take very long. I originally like the idea of having a portable 5GB hard drive that was a MP3 player as well, it's a great idea becuase I would like to have a larger mp3 player then my RCA Lyra and I need more portable storage than my two 128MB Lexar thumbdrives. However, I was quickly disappointed.

The Olympus M:Robe 100 is very sleek and shiny looking. It also very thin and compact. It doesn't have any buttons and uses a touch panel (which seemed cool). I'll give you my short list of Pros/Cons

Pros:
Small
Great looking

Cons:
Terrible software
Very difficult UI
No drag and drop!?
Touchpad WAY to sensitive
Volume to low when maxed out
Equalizer doesn't help much
No case
Proprietary usb cable
NO EXTRA CABLE!?

Good thing I talked to the guys at Office Max about this first, I told them that I would be returning it if it did not meet my expectations. I will be returning it today. I think I will give the Creative Zen Micro a chance.

If anyone out there would like to recomend something other than an iPod, please let me know.

1 comment:

carrie said...

"captain's blog". that's cute.