Saturday, July 02, 2005

Friday night with the kids

My niece is 14 and I am the "cool" uncle. Actually I am her only uncle, but she sees me as cool. That's a good thing though because she talks to me about things she might not tell her mom. I am very protective over her and from time to time I like to take her and her friends to the movies or the mall or something. I try to teach her a little about the world and warn her of the mistakes I've made. You all know how girls look these days. It makes me sick. She is a beautiful little girl and I swear she looks as if she was 18.

When we are out and some little punk thug boy starts googling at her, I am quick to tell him "she's 14 you freak" and the little boy scurries off with his premature nuts tucked between his legs. She gets mad at me for doing that but she understands where I am coming from. Between her dad and I, I feel sorry for the 1st real boyfriend that comes along. I am not above threatning the life of a boy.

So last night I went to watch Mr and Mrs Smith with my niece and one of her friends. I am very conflicted to review this movie as I am very partial to Angelina Jolie. For the first hour, if it was not for her I wouldn't have even bothered. It took forever to get even somewhat good. It did pick up however and the real action of the movie was pretty good. I could have thought of several better endings though. All-in-all, I was disappointed with it.

2 comments:

C. Hedges said...

I've heard that fashions are changing to be more modest.

Of course, I haven't seen a change. The low cut fashions are even showing up in the office.

Deliberate Chaos

BeckEye said...

Aw, I'm the cool aunt too. It could be because I have the mind of a child, but whatever works!