Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Now for the rest of the story

Let me recap my weekend to everyone.

Friday- Went to the movies and watched Mr and Mrs Smith (rental only, not worth the $7.50)

Saturday- I went to Smith Lake Park for a few hours and hung out with some friends, came home, finished my homework and went back out to the lake. A few friends had a cabin rented for the holiday weekend, so even though it was hotter than four hells out I managed, for the most part, to stay comfortable. We cooked out, had some drinks, and went for a late night swim.

Sunday- After breakfast and coffee, I went back home for a little while. Six of us went to the Collective Soul concert. It was a really good show. I had managed to get all access passes for all six of us. My friends hung out back stage while I was literally propping my elbows on the front of the stage taking some pictures. There was a barracade fence about 20 feet from the stage and besides security, myself and another guy (who was an actual photographer) were the only ones allowed that close. As soon as I get a chance I will post some pics of the concert. Sometimes it's good to be me. After the concert, we returned to the cabin and sat up for a while and went for a 4:00 AM swim.

Monday- I slept until noon with every intention of going home and getting some things done. That didn't happen. I stayed at the park all day and night. The firework show was pretty good this year. After the fireworks it took over 2 hours for the traffic to clear out so I finally decided to go home.

Good news - My teacher pulled the assignments off that were due yesterday and it looks like my mid-term exam will be rescheduled for Thursday night. My sister is going out of town for a week and I am house sitting for her this weekend and all of next week. It's a good deal for me. Her house is a $750,000 house on the lake, with a pool, hot tub, game room, boat, and jet skis. My first order of business will to have a little party on Friday night that will probably continue through Saturday.

Bad news - One of my officers had some heart problems and had to be air lifted to a hospital. I had to deal with a suicide attempt. I was involved in a search and rescue for a 20 YO male who decided he was going to swim all the way accross the lake at night (800-1000 yards) to a party on the other side, after about an hour and a half. He shows up walking on the shoreline. Needless to say the cops and rescue squad was a little pissed at him. Finally, I had to put up with a few people that hopefully after this last weekend, I will never have to again.

No comments: