Sunday, July 24, 2005

What an amazing month and it's not over!

This has been one of the best times of my life. Many prayers have been answered all at once, it's almost overwhelming. From the start of this month I have spent the majority of my time at the lake, kicking back, relaxing and spending time with friends. The Collective Soul concert, making the road trip to Louisiana, the joyride in the plane and then this week.

We have hung out quite a bit since she has come home, we have talked for hours and just kicked back and relaxed. Things are going great. I took her out to eat this Friday and came back to her house and watched a movie. I had such a great time. Last night aroung 6:30 a friend called and asked if I wanted 2 tickets to the Rodney Carrington show at the comedy club for free. I jumped on it, we managed to get ready and head down there just in time. We laughed the entire time, it was great. Once we made it back to her house we sat on the porch for a while and talked some more. The time we spend talking is amazing, we talk and talk about everything. She sat in my lap and I could have slept right there in that chair. I made it home around 1 in the morning and slept like a rock.

On another note this month just keeps getting better. Next weekend is the white water rafting trip up in TN. Saturday we will be on the Ocoee river and after that I have reservations for us at the Hilton in Chattanooga, where we will relax for the evening and the next morning go to the huge TN Aquarium and then the Imax Theater.

One final bit of great news before I start studying for my math final. I received a phone call Thursday from a company I interviewed with some time ago. They asked me if I could come in THAT DAY for a final interview. So I made it there for the interview and the first thing Friday morning, they offered me the job and sent me a written proposal. Not only are we talking about a freaking awesome raise, it's only 10 minutes from my house (VS 30 mile drive to work now), and only 5 minutes from the college, so I will save a ton of money on gas. So it looks like I will be putting in my two week notice tomorrow morning. They are sending me to Houston, TX on August 8th for training until the 11th.

I have the lake house again on the 12th and we are going to see Marc Broussard in Nashville, TN on the 13th. Talk about the ride of a lifetime! I thank the lord for all of his blessings and give thanks to him for this wonderful time in my life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow sounds like a truly fabulous month. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Hate to sound like the proverbial "I told you so person," but knew it would happen for you! My happiness for you is boundless and my prayers will continue on your behalf!