Monday, November 14, 2005

Just a thought

I've got to say I am really a little concerned about an old friend of mine. I may not know the situation that said person is going through, but I can only picture it as a dark and lonely place. I have had my moments of loneliness and depression, but I grow numb from being lonely and depression only last as long as a deep breath.

"Just deal with it" is my mantra these days and I realize that there are things we cannot change. I would love to go back in time and fix the things I've broken, and stop myself from falling, but alas, that falls in the realm of impossible and I have to simple deal with it.

Sometimes being surrounded by friends is only a way to hide the darkness that clouds our minds and hearts.

I know there is probably some way I could help. Be it a phone call or email, but here lately, the only thing I have been able to accomplish is working, going to school and the occasional sleep.

I'm not using this as an excuse; I know I should make time to reconnect with old friends.

Just know I am always around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes, Wes, the loneliness overpowers me to the point that I can't even think about being around people! That's when I know it's exactly the time to be with SOMEONE, ANYONE, just to hear a human voice.
Hope all is well with you. Saw that you called, but have been busier than a one-legged man pushing a wheelbarrow uphill against a windstorm!
Love my part-time job - working 3 days this week to make extra money for Christmas (hopefully). Company D is growing by leaps and bounds. I'm still restricted to using a cane, can't wear boots, can't stand for any longer than 15 minutes. My bone doctor just doesn't have a sense of humor at all! :-)
You take care - because I care.