Thursday, November 24, 2005

Checking up on the 360



Angus and I was checking out what the world had to say about the Xbox 360's release and here is something interesting.

Xbox 360 'Overheating' Problems EmergeThe forums today include some irate Xbox 360 owners who are experiencing overheating problems, likely to do with the hard drive. One owner claimed Microsoft had stated it had "received numerous calls".Here's what they had to say. We're awaiting a response from Microsoft."I play Kameo (interesting game) for about 30 minutes and the 360 crashes!!! Ugh.... Power adaptor goes from solid green to a flashing orange.... What next? Well, shoot off an email to MS, get one back not too long ago, find out that the flashing orange means that Xbox has overheated! ""I just received my Xbox 360 today. It was freezing cold so I let it sit for about an hour. Plugged everything in got it up and started playing COD 2. I completed training and while it was loading it just went to a black screen. I waited for awhile and nothing happened so I turned it off, let it sit and turned it back on. I turned it back on to 3 red flashing lights. The top left and the two bottom. "I found out that it's the hard drive. They said they have received numerous calls already. I unplugged my hard drive and it worked fine. Put it back on my box and red lights again.""All five of the games I bought freeze up after a few minutes, I am assuming because of the 360 heating up. It gets unusually hot, the game discs as well are red hot.

I think I'll wait a while, let MS get some of these problems worked out. I knew they would be some problems, and shelling out a few hundred bones for a system that runs like this is not on my list of things to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh. I guess all those idiots standing in line to get that damn X-box this week didn't read that article eh. For some reason I find that very funny.

Josh said...

I'm glad I'm waiting a couple more months to get mine. I hope they have all the crap worked out by then.