Saturday, November 05, 2005

A few things to talk about

So it has been a while since I took the time to actually post about my life..... so what! It's my site, I'll do what I want to! There I said it, now I feel better.

Work has been a bitch recently. We are short one person, so the work load has increased dramatically. Getting closer to the end of the year our sales seem to have nearly doubled (which is great, but damn at the work). We just finished inventory last weekend and we were shut down for a day because of that, so we are still playing catch up.

Ok here is some good news (for me anyway). I left a family owned business to work for this company. This company (for the sake of not being "Dooced" , I'll not mention names) is a huge corporation such as Tyco, so my expectations were pretty high. My office alone carries over $7 mil in inventory. But as far as asthetics and funtion, the office pretty much sucked. Well HQ decided to drop some bones and we got a new paint job, new carpet, new office furniture and YES NEW COMPUTERS!!!!!!!!! It's about f-ing time, finally I can forget all about the horrors of Windows 98. Things are looking up indeed. The shear volume of work that comes in each day is unreal and the hamsters that run our current compuers are starting to throw in the towell. So it was past time for an upgrade, for effeciency reasons alone.

I enjoy my job and it's closer to home and college, so I'm thinking I'll hang around for a while and see where it takes me.

Next on my list is my last fortune cookie. I went to grab some take out yesterday for lunch and nothing pisses me off more than a bum fortune. I don't mean a bad one, I mean a fortune that isn't even a fortune. You know what I mean kind of like when Homer Simpson started writing fortune cookies (you will find true love on flag day) that is a real fortune, but something like "peace is found from within" THAT IS NOT A FORTUNE!. Anyway, so yesterday after eating my Beef fried rice I opened my cookie to read "If we do not change our direction, we are likely to end up where we are headed" WTF!!!! NO F-ING WAY, I mean these are truly wise words.... ARGHH. However I did learn how to say "check please" in Chinese Zhang-dan, which could be useful if I ever go to china.

Now for a bit of music complaints. First on my list is Shakira.


If it wasn't for the fact that she is far beyond the definition of hot, she wouldn't even be in the music business. She sounds like a bad cross between a Spanish Cher and a drunk Sarah McLachlan. Just hearing her music makes me cringe.

And what about Avenged Sevenfold.


Have they sold out? They used to be a pretty hard core metal band and a few days ago I caught them on MTV with a redux of their song "Bat Country" and it's as if they decided to change style to the more Alt Punk fad.

Have a good weekend!

No comments: