Friday, August 05, 2005

A few random topics

1. March of the Penguins. Where did this movie come from? I have heard a lot of buzz on the net about it for at least a month or more and I just seen the trailer for it last night. Was it released in other countries before the US? Someone please tell me what's with all the hype!

2. SD cards. Personally, SD cards are my choice for media. Very small, inexpensive and the capacities are growing larger every day. It seems that the cell phone industry is reluctant to use SD cards for storage because of their size. This I do not understand, how much room is need to house a standard SD card. When switching to some of the smaller medias such as XD, Mini SD and some of the newer micro version, the cost really starts going through the roof. If cell phone companies started using standard SD cards for storage it would really unlock a lot of features.

Currently you can purchase a 1GB SD card for $53* from Tiger Direct.

3. College books. Why can I go to Books a Million and buy a 700 page how to book on anything for like $20 but a 200 page paperback textbook for a college can cost as much as $150 dollars. It's bad enough that tuition is sky high and the only way I could afford to go to college in the first place was to spend a few years with Uncle Sam. They are ripping us off...BIGTIME!!!

No comments: