Monday, August 01, 2005

Best Month Ever!

First off, let be begin by saying for those of you who do not know me personally, I HATE SUMMER (I am not a fan of the high 90 temps)! So imagine my surprise when the best month of my life was July. Most people say that was the best day of my life when something wonderful or amazing happens, but the entire month of July was like that for me.

I have done so much this month, it's hard for me to recap it all. From Partying at the lake over the 4th, the Collective Soul concert, the lake house for a week, my trip to Louisiana, Kim coming home, the plane ride, the Rodney Carrington show, my new job, and finally the white water rafting trip and mini-vacation to Chattanooga.

Kim and I left Saturday morning with some friends of mine up to the Ocoee river for some white water rafting. I am getting the pictures devleloped today so I will have them up as soon as possible. We had a great time, the weather was perfect and we had the coolest guide. I will have to go back there again someday. After the trip on the river, we headed to Chattanooga. We checked into our hotel and relaxed a while. Everything was pretty packed but we found a nice Japanese resturant called Seksui (I think). After dinner we walked back to the hotel, popped open a nice bottle of Vouvray and sat out on the terrace and talked.

The next morning after breakfast, we went to the TN Aquarium. I have been there 3 other times but they have opened many new exhibits. I have already posted some pics of the aquarium. It was really amazing. We had a great time there. After that we stopped in a Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream Shoppe and had a treat. Then we went to the Imax theater and watched Wild Safari. After the movie we headed home and made it back around 5:30. It was a wonderful weekend and I couldn't be happier. What a great way to end the month.

2 comments:

mickey_finn said...

Wowser! Your Kim sure is a good looking young lady. You make a cute couple, that's for sure.

Glad y'all had a good time over the weekend. Good on ya!

If you get a chance, send me an e-mail with instructions as to how to set up a wish list on my blog site, will you please?

Happy homecoming and happy new job!

Anonymous said...

SEKISUI