Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Musical rants and raves

Gwen Stefani. Has anyone noticed that she all of the sudden has spawned an obsession with japanese women and culture. What sparked this new interest? I am a big fan of hers. I seen No Doubt perform at Oak Mountain in Bham. I really like he solo work to although she seems to be drifting away from here So-Cal punk / Ska beginning. Maybe she will get back to her roots. On another note, I stumbled upon a new musical interest in my life. Anna Nalick, she's a relativly new artist with a great sound that remind me of a good cross between Fiona Apple (which I secretly love) and a young Jewel.

Anna Nalick is beginning to live her dreams. As one of a new breed of singer-songwriters for this young century, the 20-year-old California native has put the finishing touches on her debut album, Wreck of the Day, and the result is a refreshing blend of sophisticated wordplay, haunting melodies, sublime textures and atmosphere. With all music and lyrics written by Anna, Wreck of the Day signals the arrival of an unmistakable new voice in pop music, full of youthful exuberance and provocative reflection. www.annanalick.com/

Another artist I am certainly intrigued with is Keller Williams (thanks Erik). Keller has an amazingly eclectic sound and a familiararity of the Bare Naked Ladies or maybe some old Ben Folds Five. www.kellerwilliams.net/

No comments: