Thursday, May 19, 2005

Longhorn or XP 64?

Out of curiousity, is there going to be release of XP 64? Is Microsoft just saying that to buy them some time before Longhorn hits the shelf? My first complaint is that name "Longhorn", come on Bill, get a better marketing department! Sure you can make a logo for a product named turd look cool with some great graphics and hip designs but the first thing I think of when I here Longhorn is a fucking cow! Which by the way requires lots of management, lots of space, lots of care, lots of resources and overall they stink. Hmm, not an image I want to have when I think about PC OS's. AMD has some pretty hot processors out there with their newest batch of the AMD 64 FX. I want to see operating systems and applications (not to mention games) that will use the CPU's capability. I understand that it takes a while for software developers to learn the new hardware and take advatage of it, but it's been in the making for so long, someone had to have a jump start on it.

1 comment:

Nick Riggs said...

XP 64 exists. But it is only available to Microsoft developers and such. I have several licenses for it through my MSDN subscription (Microsoft Developer Network). I don’t think they are planning on boxing it and putting it on the shelf – not that I have heard about anyhow.