Monday, May 09, 2005

Let's see if they get it right this time!

After a long and tiring battle with PNY (see below), I finally received an email saying a replacement product has been sent. If was like last time it will take at least a week to get it back. I am at the mercy of my motherboard. I would have never went with PNY to begin with had I had an AGP slot, but no, my motherboard has PCI slots. Some of you may be saying "why not upgrade your mobo?", well it's like this. If I get a new mobo, I will get the best on the market (it's a fear I have about being outdated), now thats no problem, I could buy a top of the line motherboard from Asus at Pricewatch for a couple of hundred dollars. Here lies the problem, my current case will not hold these mobos. I have got a couple of cases in mind the Thermaltake Kandalf or the cooler master cavalier . Both of which would be another of couple of hundred dollars. Now if I go through with it and shell out the bones for this stuff I would need a few fans, a new power supply, a new graphics card and on top of it all, a new AMD 64 CPU . So you see, one little change opens a whole new can of expenses. Maybe PNY will come through with the goods.

No comments: