Thursday, September 08, 2005

The Pod Replaces Tripods (And has Nothing to do with iPod, Thank God)


From Gizmodo

"One of the worst hassles about having a tripod is that you have to carry it around everywhere. I don’t know about you, but I don’t have too much space in my messenger bag for a decent-sized tripod. The Pod, from the tripod experts at Bogen, aims to solve that by providing a simple and stable camera support without the use of a tripod. It looks like a tiny beanbag at first, but attach any camera or camcorder to its universal locking bolt, and you have an instant tripod replacement. It contains plastic beans, is Velcro-sealed, water-resistant, and has a non-slip base for additional stability when positioning the camera. And since it’s only 5 x 2 inches, I could probably slip it in my bag, no problem. Now I can finally take a non-blurry evening shot with my dinky little camera. They come in yellow, red, and blue, and currently sell for $21 each."

The Pod [Bogen Imaging]

2 comments:

cube said...

Nice. It looks like a truck tire.

Laura said...

Way cool. I want one!