Thursday, January 12, 2006

Quake 4 in review



I have been playing Quake 4 for the Xbox 360 the last couple of weeks and I would like to share my review with you all.

First I would like to answer a question that I hear too often. Is Quake 4 a next gen game? YES! When it comes to console gaming, never before has the line between PC and console been so close. The graphics on the Xbox 360 rival that of any computer I've seen. Not to mention playing it in Hi-Def makes a huge difference.

The gameplay is great, the story is well writtin and the controls are very tight. It has some vehicles to use but not to the point of Halo, but still nice. My only complaint is that there isn't a wide variety of enemies and there are alot of detail in the gameplay that you really do not get to use in the single player mode.

It has a very Doom 3 feel about it (coming from ID), but better. This time they had enough since to put a flashlight on your machine gun. I know, I know.... people claim that it added to the DOOM experience but to me, it was just plain annoying. However they did manage to preserve some of that experience by making the flashlight only available on your machinegun and the pistol (blaster).

All in all, I think it is well worth picking up.

3 comments:

Josh said...

Have you played Need For Speed or PGR 3 yet?
Just wondering if they are any good?

Wes said...

Congratulations on the baby on the way.

Thanks for stopping by. I rarely find time to reponds to comments and I appologize.

I've played them but the only thing I liked about PGR3 and NFS Most Wanted was the graphics. I like arcade style driving like in the Burnout Series.

I'm waiting for Full Auto to be released next month!!!

Anonymous said...

Great commenting. Great posts. Great job! :-)


really like it!

Golf Equipment