Tuesday, June 28, 2005

The Captain on Q-tips and Trash Bags

I've shared this concept with a friend of mine some time back and she persuaded me to post about it.

I have realized over the last couple of years that my life as a single man can be measured by Q-tips and trash bags. Let me explain. First we have the Q-tips. Now when I purchase a new box of Q-tips, I buy the big 500 pack (for economical reasons of course). Now being a single man who lives by himself, I use 2 Q-tips a day. So in theory a box of Q-tips will last me 250 days, nearly 70% of an entire year! Everytime (which is not often), I buy a box of Q-tips, it is appearant that almost a year of my life has gone by.

Now you can see where I am going with the trash bags. I buy the big box of 50. This one is really depressing. Since I do not cook and I live alone, sometimes I have no trash to put out some weeks. Very seldom do I ever have to use more than one bag in a week. So with that equation in mind a box of trash bags lasts me around 95% of the year. So again, when I have to go buy another box of trash bags, it can feel as though I am putting a down payment on the next year.

No comments: