Friday, May 05, 2006

My first parking ticket

It's been a pretty good week all in all. Of course with today being Friday I was glad to make a short day of it. As I was driving back to the hotel, I decided to swing into the downtown district of Iowa City. Affer circling the blocks a few times I found the perfect spot, right in front of a bunch of bars. So I parked and walked along the square checking everything out. This place is a huge college town and somehow I don't seem to "fit in" with the college crowd anymore. I did however find a great tavern called the Dublin Underground. I was at home! They had the best Guiness and to top it off when the bartender gave me my beer it had a shamrock poured into the head of that heavenly lager....AMAZING!! I will have to go back and take a picture to prove it.

So after a drink or two I decided to head on back to the hotel and there I saw my first parking ticket underneath the wiper on my rental car. $5.00 due to Iowa city. Hell, for $5 to park so close.... it was well worth it.

I will probably just go check out the mall next door tomorrow and do my laundry. That's the bad part about traveling so long.

Until next time.

UPDATE!!



So this morning I went dowstairs into the lobby to find this in the newspaper machine. Oh really, parking tickets down huh, well kiss my butt.

No comments: