Monday, October 03, 2005

Just this once!



I didn't want to ever talk about politics on this site, however the news of former Chief Justice Roy Moore announcing his plans on running for governor has pissed me off. Not to mention the dickhead Bob Riley in office now.

For those of you who do not know who Roy Moore is, he is the Ten Commandment waving idiot that did it all for publicity. Don't get me wrong! I am a Christian (I try to be), and I believe in keeping the Ten Commandments, but here is where I draw the line. If I put a statue in your yard and I refused to move it, I would be breaking the law. It's that simple. Roy Moore refused to remove his monument from the courthouse (which is government property), so they removed both the statue and him from office.

To me, he was breaking the law. I don't care if it was a monument of any kind, he is not above the law.

My personal political description would be a Liberal Republican. I am not a hard ass conservative, I encourage change and feel like some of these "old timers" need to get up to date with society and make some progressive changes.

Now for the dickhead, Bob (stick it to his own people) Riley, has done nothing but bitch and moan like a kid that didn't get his way, when his ungodly high tax proposal was shot down by over 80%. He started cutting funding in some of the most critical areas such as public safety, education, social services, etc.

How do you convince Alabama voters to approve a $1.2 billion tax hike? "What's more important, prescription drugs or nursing home care? Because we're going to have to make some brutal decisions next week if this does not pass," said Riley.

And he did make brutal decisions, Governor Bob Riley proposed cutting the state's school budget by 6 percent and most other agencies more than18 percent. Just trying to make an example. Claiming it is because we the people did not vote for a killer hike in our taxes.

He needs to go!!!

No comments: